When it comes to saving lives, anything less than the best is not an option. Since the introduction of the original MS-2000, this strobe marker light has become the main Combat Search and Rescue (C-SAR) light carried by elite military forces around the world.
The MS-2000M is a covert military distress marker, or strobe-light, made by US Government Contractors like FRS or ACR. The device can produce visible white or blue light, and infrared (IR) light, and was intended for use by Special Forces (SF) in case of an emergency.
The device is small enough to fit in a pocket. The battery holder is constructed in such a way that its cover can not be lost and that the user can feel the polarity of the batteries in the dark. The device is switched ON with a black sliding switch at the long side, that is constructed in such a way that it can't be activated accidentally. When ON, it flashes at one-second intervals.
- Shield extends/retracts for omni- or uni-directional visibility
- Waterproof down to 50ft (15.3m)
- IR filter blocks all visible light (lets through only IR light)
- Raised polarity indicators allow correct battery replacement in low or no visibility conditions
- New braided steel retainer keeps battery door from being lost
- Operates on 2 standard alkaline AA batteries - disposal causes no environmental impact
- For extreme cold environments or long term storage, use 2 common lithium batteries
- Blue filter distinguishes strobe from ground fire when in place
- Size: 4.5 x 2.2 x 1.1 in (11.4 x 5.6 x 3.3 cm)
- Weight: 4.0 oz (115 g) without batteries
- Light Output: 250,000 peak lumens per flash
- Flash Rate: 50 ñ 10 per minute
- Light Dispersion: White-omnidirectional, IR-omnidirectional, Blue-unidirectional
- Operating Life: 8 hours minimum-strobe; 2 hours minimum-incandescent
- Visibility: Military tested at a distance of 6 miles (9.6km) on a clear dark night
- Waterproof: To a depth of 50ft (15.3m)
- Batteries: 2 AA alkaline or lithium batteries (not included)
- Case Color: Black with olive drab flashguard
- Construction: Case, lens and flashguard-high impact polycarbonate
- Activation: Spark proof magnetic reed switch
Why choose us?
The best gear, extra fast, at the best prices.
We're veteran founded & led, so we know intimately the need for gear you can trust at prices you can afford. We offer the most innovative new tactical gear, bomb proof military equipment, and affordable used surplus to cover all your mission requirements.