The New Balance Combat shirt is US Navy issue. It is made under contract by multiple manufacturers. It is made with Tenecate Defender-M™ flame-resistant fabric. This version in NWU Type III fabric is used by the US Navy. All thread, zippers and loop components are flame resistant as well.
As a USGI product, these are sometimes made by government contractors other than New Balance. These may be labeled as New Balance, Spartan Manufacturing, and others.
- Tested and Approved by US Navy Natick.
- Sleeves: TenCate Defender M Stretch 6.0 oz. /yd.
- Chest Panel: TenCate Defender M Jersey Knit 6.5 oz. /yd.
- Torso: TenCate Defender M Mesh Knit 5.5 oz. /yd.
- Stretch fabric on shoulders and arms for increased mobility.
- Zip opening at neck for comfort regulation.
- Strategically placed mesh fabric for enhanced breathability.
- Moisture wicking and anti-microbial.
- Padded forearms.