The Noisefighters AX14-PRO™ is a lightweight night vision monocular mounting arm for the PVS-14 and similar devices, produced with cutting edge manufacturing and material technologies. The AX14-PRO weighs only 0.9 oz / 26 g total, or approximately 52% less than a MILSPEC J-Arm, yet it is significantly more rigid due to the unique design. Just attach a monocular, snap the complete assembly into an industry-standard dovetail helmet mount, and enjoy. An intuitive, friction-based mechanism allows users to swing the PVS-14 monocular in front of either the left or right eye and perfectly adjust for interpupillary distance.
The AX14-PRO is the successor to our original X14-Arm and includes a new, desirable feature: a knuckle is integrated into the arm which allows the entire monocular to both swing away from the eye temporarily and, when not in use, tightly stow against the helmet, significantly lessening the chance for damage during movement under doorways or out of vehicles. This knuckle is supplemented with metal washers for smooth and consistent movements. To be clear, the articulating knuckle permits full range of motion and tight stowing on both the left and right side.
The mechanism is pretensioned at the factory and should never need to be adjusted, but a simple hex key wrench may be used for adjustment as necessary. A slight rearward sweep of the inner arm helps position the monocular eyepiece closer to one's eye and provides greater compatibility for those with larger helmets. Multiple anti-rotation features prevent the monocular from rotating and loosening with vibrations.
The estimated combined weight of the AX14-PRO with a MILSPEC PVS-14 monocular attached (L3® unfilmed 11769 tube, no battery, eyecup retaining ring, rubber eyecup, or demist shield installed) is just 11.8 oz. The estimated combined weight with a lightweight Nightline, Inc. Nl914c Monocular (L3® unfilmed 11769 tube, no battery, eyecup retaining ring, rubber eyecup, or demist shield installed) is even less, at just 10.9 oz.
- MILSPEC AN/PVS-14 monocular
- Photonis Vyper-14 chassis for AN/PVS-14 monocular
- Nightline Inc. NL914C monocular
- AB Night Vision MOD-3 monocular (autogain version only)
- Knight’s Armament M-14 Alloy Chassis for AN/PVS-14 monoculars
- The choice of a high-performance polymer from Arkema® produces a nearly indestructible monocular mount. The highly impact-resistant material chosen for the AX14-PRO should absorb shocks and bounce back into shape instead of fracturing when dropped, bent, or otherwise stressed.
- All hardware is made of genuine, passivated 316 stainless steel and mil spec anodized aluminum for the ultimate in saltwater corrosion resistance. The AX14-PRO is truly maritime rated.
- A tether (or dummy cord) attachment point is featured on the rear of the AX14-PRO to keep the entire system secure.
- Offers a slight rearward-swept monocular position for greater helmet compatibility.
- Less than half the weight and significantly stiffer than a mil-spec J-Arm.
- Helmet Mounting Compatibility: Dovetail
Interpupillary Distance (IPD) Compatibility: 55 - 75mm
Materials Used: High Performance Polymer From Arkema®; Mil Spec Anodized Aluminum; 316 Stainless Steel
Total Assembled Weight: 0.9 oz / 26 g
- Dimensions: 3.5 X 1 X 1.25"
Warranty: Lifetime, Transferable
A no-questions-asked, transferable lifetime warranty is included. The Noisefighters AX14-PRO is proudly made and assembled in the U.S.A. and was designed by a Marine Corps combat veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan.
Excellent build quality and is very light. The articulation is firm, and it's infinitely adjustable.
If you don't want to scratch the **** that attaches to your PVS-14, use a coin instead of a screwdriver. I used a wide flathead screwdriver and still scratched the ****. No biggie and it doesn't affect the performance, but it's something to be mindful of!
As of writing, I have about 5 hours of use with this hiking/running/hunting but it has quickly impressed. It is leagues ahead of the j arm my pvs14 came with in both stability and of course options for fine adjustments. Held in place even while running but adjustment is quick and easy when you want. I paired it with a knockoff g24 because I couldn’t find the real thing in stock but it is getting the job done and the two interfaced perfectly.
Why choose us?
The best gear, extra fast, at the best prices.
We're veteran founded & led, so we know intimately the need for gear you can trust at prices you can afford. We offer the most innovative new tactical gear, bomb proof military equipment, and affordable used surplus to cover all your mission requirements.